While there’s no question that STLP is a valuable part of a successful school, data indicates that these particular types of students benefit the most.
We don’t think this list will shock anyone… especially not an experienced educator. Connecting students with students of similar interests help provide a sense of belonging and purpose. STLP is one of the many opportunities that can help these students grow:
- Students new to the school,
- Students not doing well in class,
- Students who do not have a computer at home,
- Students with special needs,
- Students who speak another language,
- and students who rarely receive a teacher’s positive attention.