Subject: Get Ready to Shine in the 2023-2024 STLP Season!
Hello STLP Leaders!
Get ready because it’s time to kick off the 2023-2024 STLP season with a burst of energy, enthusiasm, and a whole lot of tech-savvy fun and learning. We’re thrilled to welcome you back for another exciting year of student technology leadership. And if you’re a new STLP leader, welcome to the team!
Here are the topics to keep you aware of today:
- >>>> Get Recognized Week is Now! <<<<
- >>>> Vote to Rebrand DPOJ Before Friday <<<<
- 30th Anniversary Celebrations
- Updated Important Dates
- Gold Status Announced
- Present at #KySTE24
- STLP Quickshots are Back!
- Follow STLP on social media.
Get Recognized Week (September 18 – 22):
- Our STLP Get Recognized Week is here, and it’s all about showcasing your school’s commitment to excellence. Each year, we ask STLP schools to complete the Get Recognized form. This simple task helps us understand how we can better support STLP across Kentucky and ensures that you stay in the loop about all the fantastic STLP opportunities.
- If you school has already completed the Get Recognized form for this year, thank you! Check out the Recognized list to make sure your STLP is ther.
- Remember, the STLP Get Recognized status resets on July 31 every year, so make sure to submit an updated form annually. And here’s the cherry on top – once your school has submitted, don’t forget to claim your coveted “Get Recognized” STLP Level Up badge
- As of this afternoon, we already have 143 schools on the Recognized list…only about 800 more to go. 😊
- Click here to access the Get Recognized form: https://stlp.education.ky.gov/recognized
Help Rebrand DPOJ (Digital Product Online Judging):
- We’ve been on a quest to find the perfect name for the curriculum-embedded digital portion of STLP, and we need your creative genius to make it happen! As part of our 30th Anniversary celebration, we’re inviting everyone – students, coaches, alumni, and more – to vote on a new name for DPOJ.
- Voting is open until the end of the day on Friday, September 22nd. You can choose from some potential new titles or suggest your own. Cast your vote here:
- Vote for the New DPOJ Name here: https://bit.ly/dpojvote
STLP 30th Anniversary:
- Guess who’s turning 30 in 2024? STLP, of course! Join us in celebrating this incredible milestone throughout the 2023-2024 season. We’ve got a ton of exciting ways to mark our 30th Anniversary, starting with the rebranding of DPOJ.
- Be part of this fresh start by submitting your vote before the September 22 deadline!
Important Dates for Your Calendar:
- Stay in the know with all the important dates for the 2023-2024 season. The “live” Important Dates page is your go-to source for updated registration deadlines, upcoming STLP Quick-shot sessions, and event dates, including:
- Get Recognized Week: September 18-22, 2023.
- Level 1 Project Presentations: December 6, 2023
- STLP Championship: March 27, 2024
- …and plenty more!
- Remember, this “live” calendar may change, so always reference the online Important Dates calendar for the latest info. Review the important dates here: https://stlp.education.ky.gov/dates/
Submit to Present STLP at #KySTE24:
- We’re excited to announce our partnership with the Kentucky Society for Technology in Education (KySTE). If you’re passionate about STLP and want to share your knowledge, consider applying to be a presenter at the KySTE Spring Conference.
- Selected presenters receive a free conference registration from KySTE, and the deadline to submit your presentation proposal is November 1. Plus, you’ll earn the prestigious “Present at KySTE” Level Up badge for your school. Learn more and apply here: [KySTE Presentation Application](https://www.kyste.org)
Congratulations to Gold Status STLPs:
- A big round of applause goes to all the schools that can now proudly call themselves Gold Status STLPs! Achieving Gold Status is a challenging but incredibly rewarding feat, and for the 2023-2024 season, we’ve recognized 11 exceptional applicants.
- If you’re aspiring to achieve Gold Status in the future, the application window for 2024-2025 will open at the end of the school year, allowing you to collect evidence and showcase your STLP accomplishments. Remember, all Gold Status applications should be student-developed.
- For more information and to review the Gold Status list, please visit: http://stlp.education.ky.gov/gold
STLP Quickshots are Back!
- Nobody’s got time for long afterschool meetings… we get that. So, to help, STLP hosts short online meet-up that focus on one topic at a time and take no longer than 20 minutes. We call these STLP Quickshots.
- Submit questions in advance or – even better – participate live in the chat.
- Over the coming weeks, we’ll publish more information about each Quickshot session here: https://stlp.education.ky.gov/quickshots/
Follow STLP’s Social Media Feeds:
- Website – https://stlp.education.ky.gov
- X/Twitter – https://www.facebook.com/stlpkentucky
- Facebook – https://www.twitter.com/stlpkentucky
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/stlpky/
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/@stlpkentuckyofficial
This was a lot, so we’ll stop there but know that we’ve still got several updates to discuss (Project Cycle updates, rebooted plans for Regionals, new DPOJ categories, and some other exciting upcoming *new additions* and announcements. Ok, that’s enough for one email on a Monday. 😊
Get ready to shine, STLP Coaches! It’s going to be an amazing season filled with growth, innovation, and unforgettable moments. If you have any questions or need assistance, feel free to reach out.
Here’s to a fantastic 2023-2024 STLP season!