The following is a repost of the “STLP Updates” email sent to KYSTLP Listserv on Tuesday, October 12th, 2021.
Here’s the latest STLP news/updates for Oct. 12th, 2021:
- STLP Super Sheet Updates
- Regionals Registration Opening
- News/Updates Section on http://STLP.rocks
- RCX: Robo Challenge Xtreme for 2021-22
- New Level Up Challenges:
- Cyber Security Month (Oct.)
- Digital Citizenship Week (Oct. 18-22)
- Quick Shots Continue this afternoon (Oct. 12)
1. STLP Super Sheet Updates
- Reminder to keep an eye open for updates to the STLP Super Sheet (https://stlp.eduction.ky.gov/supersheet)
- Updates are highlighted with yellow cells
- Recent updates of note:
- Projects – Project Toolkit resource update
- DPOJ – Minecraft: What Schools Can Be rubric
- DPOJ – Animation rubric
2. Regionals/Level 1 Project Registration
- Registration will open next Monday, Oct. 18th (via Google form)
- Deadline to register projects is Monday, Nov. 15th
- Remember: Regionals/Level 1 = short elevator pitch of the project “Ideas”
- Pitches will be delivered online to live judges (use any presentation tools available)
- If you’re new, not sure if you’ll launch a project, uncertain, etc. please register…we can always update/remove a project (but it’s hard to add one)
- What will you need to register? A project idea and a title (that can be changed later)
- Statewide Regionals Week is Dec. 6-10th.
- Check out the STLP Project Toolkit for resources for all levels of the project cycle
3. New Website Section: News/Updates
- Communication is everything!
- Knowing that everyone likes to get their information a different way, we’ve added the News/Update section to https://stlp.education.ky.gov
- Now, catch up on latest STLP info on the web, via Twitter, and/or email… you choose!
4. RCX: Robo Challenge Xtreme for 2021-22
- Doug and RCX are full steam ahead for the 2021-22 season
- RCX will be returning to the STLP State Championship on April 20, 2022
- Special attention was paid to encourage teams that are brand new or restarting their robotics programs
- There still time to get involved and new updates were posted yesterday
- Check out the RCX website with details at https://rcxrobot.org/pages/2021-2022-school-year
5. NEW! October Level Up Challenges are LIVE!
- Jump over to https://stlp.education.ky.gov/levelup to dig into the Challenge badges
- Challenge badges can only be earned within a specified window of time
- Next week: Digital Citizenship Week Challenge (earn October 18-22, 2021)
- All Month: Cyber Security Month Challenge (earn by Oct. 31, 2021)
6. STLP Quick Shots Today: Jump Start Your STLP (repeat)
- Invite sent to every school on the STLP Get Recognized list (to keep the link and meeting safer)
- Live Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout October at 4:30 pm EST
- Short and sweet…no more than 20 minutes to hit the topic and answer questions
- Open to everyone. If you’re not on the Get Recognized list, email me for the link.
- Can’t make it? No sweat…recordings post to the STLP YouTube Channel next day
Quick Shots are not required, and some are targeted specifically to new STLP Coaches, but everyone is welcome to join.
Repeat sessions are not recordings and will be live:
- 10/12, 4:30 pm EST – Jump Start STLP: For New STLP Coaches(repeat of 10/5 Quick Shot)
- 10/19, 4:30 pm EST – How to Level Up Your STLP– Using the Badges to Engage Your School
- 10/21, 4:30 pm EST – Exploring the Project Toolkit: What to Know About Level 1 & Regionals (repeat of 10/7 Quick Shot)
- 10/26, 4:30 pm EST – Dive Into DPOJ:What are these new categories?
- 10/28, 4:30 pm EST – STLP Registrations: Tips and Tricks Before the Deadlines
Hope everyone is well. If you’re on Fall Break… or have one around the corner… enjoy your time away from the stress of work. Unplug. Recharge your own batteries! Thanks for leading STLP for your school.