NOTICE: Due to challenges associated with COVID19, all 2020 STLP Regionals are transitioned to an all-digital, virtual, event.
For more information, visit the REGIONALS section or the STLP Super Sheet. Information provided below will not be accurate until the 2021-2022 STLP Season. Thank you!
Two types of events happen simultaneously during Regional Qualifiers. Either students are waiting their turn to present their Level 1 Project ideas to judges or they are waiting for their turn to interview with judges for a position on a State Service Team.
SERVICE TEAM CATEGORIES
- Media Arts Service: individual student shares a digital sample of work demonstrating their skills in the Media Arts and is interviewed to join the team that will record and produce media that highlight the events occurring at the State Championship. Their content will be shown during the Awards Ceremony and posted to the STLP website (Division Levels 6-8, 9-12 Only)
- Engineer Service: individual student presents a resume, references, and is interviewed for technical positions. Engineers are considered the pinnacle of STLP and will have responsibilities that include representing STLP at state and national levels (Division Level 9-12 Only)
- Live Production: individual student shares a digital sample of work demonstrating their skills in the production of live/recorded broadcasts and is interviewed to join the team that will help present the STLP State Championship in various production roles (both behind the camera and in front of the camera) in partnership with KET.
- Social Media Service: one student presents a resume and is interviewed for a position to help share stories, event updates, and scoring results at State (Division Levels 6-8, 9-12 only
- Level 1 Project Presentation: One to four students create and present the project for Level 1 Judges. Selected Projects will be invited to State Semifinals (Level 2) judging at the State Championship, with the goal of making it to Level 2 judging and possibly being named “Best Showcase in Kentucky”.